February 21, 2011

La Marmotte dans les Alpes♥

Coucou! I just got home from a week-long ski vacation in the Alps (crazy right?!) It was so much fun. We stayed in the cabin of Isabelle's grandparents, called "La marmotte" or in English "The Groundhog" :) The weather was FANTASTIC, which meant there wasn't snow around the cabin, but it was perfect because there was enough snow on the mountains to ski and snowboard. It was so sunny and beautiful that we were never cold skiing! it was great.



I invited my french friend Valentine to come with us which was super fun :) I love her. She's hilarious. Plus it was like having a french teacher with me at all times.

We went skiing at "Le Grand Bornand." Another plus to having not a ton of snow was that there weren't that many people on the mountain! My host families said that normally there are sooo many people that the lines for the chair lift took forever, but for us there was practically no wait.

Aurelien, Valentine, and I went skiing 5 of the days. It was nice. After skiing we would take a little nap and then play some games with the rest of the fam. One evening we went sledding, another we went and watched hockey and another we went to Annecy(the town I am going to live it when I'm older.) :)



The last night we all went out to a delicious restaurant where I had a tartiflette. soooooo good. It was a great end to a great vacation.

I am so grateful for my two great host families :) and now I can cross "Go skiing in the Alps" off my list of things to do before I die!
I am now in my 2nd host family, the Gabelotauds, and my mexican sister Mariana is coming to stay with us for a week while her host family is gone. Im excited because shes going to make us a delicious mexican meal!!!!!
xoxoxox
em

No comments:

Post a Comment