August 6, 2010

Bonjour :)

Bonjour!

wow, my first post on my new blog :) how exciting! i started this blog because my departure date is quickly approaching... only 9 days until I arrive in France. I am starting to get nervous, but there is also a lot of excitement mixed in. I finally received my Visa! Applying for that was quite the endeavor.... let me tell you. Anyway, I have been e-mailing back and forth with my host family and they seem to be very very nice. I asked them what they would like me to bring from America and out of everything they could have wanted they asked for chocolate chips (pepites de chocolat) :) I thought that was pretty funny. They said they don't have chocolate chips in France and they would like to make cookies with them.
Here is a rundown on my French family.
My parents are Patrice and Isabelle Lasserre. They have two kids- Amandine (19) and Baptiste (17). Amandine attends the Universite de Paris, but still will be living with us and Baptiste will be on an exchange to Finland for the year. The town I go to school in is Chelles, France. Its 12 miles away from Paris (20 min train ride). Population is around 50,000. The town that my house is in is Vaires-sur-Marne and it has about 11,000 people. Both are considered suburbs of Paris, so really I am getting the best of both worlds. :) Well, until next time....

Grosses bises (many kisses),
Emily

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to be the first person to comment on your new blog. I'm getting so excited for you!!

    I love you,

    Aunt Jen xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Emily nous sommes ta seconde famille d'accueil en France. Je ma'appelle Sophie et mon mari Nicolas.Nous avons 4 enfants, Aurélien qui aura 18 ans en décembre, Séverine qui a 16 ans et qui part le 25 aout aux USA à Ellsworth (maine), Solène 14 ans et Pascaline 11ans en octobre.
    J'ai hâte de faire ta connaissance

    ReplyDelete