January 26, 2011

Le Rêve ♥

attention everyone: I dreamed in French!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting! it was crazy. I woke up and immediately started thinking in French and then I realized that my whole dream had been in french!!!!! I was sooooooooooooo happy :D I know everyone says this means you are fluent, but unfortunetly I don't think thats the case haha. I still have a LOOOOONG way to go, but I still have time. Speaking of- today is my 5th month in France which is the halfway point. I cannot believe it. I am so proud of myself for all that I have learned and for being strong enough live in a foreign country without my family. Its been hard, but amazing at the same time.

Today, I rock climbed really well. I'm already a little sore so I can only imagine what tomorrow is going to be like.... This week has been pretty good. Nothing too noteworthy. In my french class we are working with different levels of language- meaning formal, everyday, and slang. I really love doing this because I am learning so many new words and I'm also learning what situations call for what type of speech. My friends also get a kick out of it when I tell them all the slang words I learn :) In french, the teens and some adults use a language called "verlan" THIS IS SOOOOOO HARD!!!! verlan means the inverse! for example---- in order to say something was crazy which in french is "fou" they say it was "ouf"! or for merci you can say "ci-mer" Its the craziest thing ever... c'est un truc de ouf ;) hahaha its so confusing but i'm am starting to kind of understand...
I am suppper tired today... good thing tomorrow i can sleep in!!!!!
zibou hahahha
em

No comments:

Post a Comment