October 5, 2010

Ça Va :)

I am really settling in to my new French life. i am so grateful for this amazing opprotunity. I have already experienced and learned so much so far! I can only imagine what the rest of the year has in store for me.

Tuesdays are my longest days, I start at 8am and finish at 5:30pm, but today actually went by pretty fast :) Now that my afternoon is filled with French class I actually enjoy tuesdays because I learn a lot! My teacher today let me borrow a few French books because I was having trouble finding books that had interesting storylines, but were really easy. The children books didn't really hold my interest too well. But the books she gave me are abridged classics writted in really easy french so I think they will be fun to read :) one is a play by moliere!

Welp, nothing much else to report- tonight is Depserate Housewives night. They don't have reruns here, so if you miss an episode the only way to watch it is on the computer. Oh something else interesting i learned is that in French schools its forbidden to wear anything affiliated with a religion. No crosses, no nothing. The reasoning behind it is to avoid discrimination, but I'm not quite sure if I agree with this rule. I'm all for letting people express themselves however they want, but i guess it does help against discrimination...

Anyway-----

Salut- bisous.

em

No comments:

Post a Comment