September 4, 2010

an afternoon in Paris!

I can't believe I am lucky enough to be able to just hop on a train and be in Paris in just 20 minutes :) I had such a fabulous day. Kahina, Valentine, Krystel and I all spend the afternoon in Paris- sight seeing and walking around. They are girls I met at school :) my new copines! haha I am so happy that they invited me today! It was fun to hang out with teenagers and to get to go to Paris again. I could probably visit Paris everyday for the rest of my life and never get bored of it. La Tour Eiffel takes my breath away everytime I see it! Today, I ate at my first French McDonalds haha (le McDo, as the French call it)... but it didn't compare to the McDonalds in the US. Just not quite as good ;) After eating we walked down the Champs Elysees! So fun :) It really is a beautiful street. Tons of really expensive cars parked along it haha. there was a huuuuuuuuuge Louis Vuiton store on the Champs Elysees... so big that while we were looking around we got lost and had to ask the clerk directions to the exit haha. Then of course we saw L'arc de Triomphe! I couldn't believe how big it was. Ah it was beautiful :) I've been looking forward to see all these Parisian sites for so long now that I don't think it has fully hit me yet that I actually saw them! After visiting the arc we went to the Eiffel tower and rested in the grass in front of it for a bit. It was a day with a LOT of walking but it was well worth it :)

Oh, and a quick recap on last night---- Isabelle, her sister, her sister's friend, and I went to this really cool cinema a few towns over to see the movie "L'abre" or The Tree. It was an Australian movie so it was in English with French subtitles. I really liked it :) Also, it was really good for me to hear the english words and also see the French words. Sometimes the French even helped me understand the Australian accents :) so that was nice!

So, anyway- all is well! I am really really really loving it here. I'm learning a ton each day and I am truely grateful for all of the new things I am able to experience here :) La vie est vraiment belle.

photos:
l'arc de triomphe!
La tour eiffel with my new copines :)-
L'arc de triompe again :)---




No comments:

Post a Comment