September 3, 2010

My first week!

I forgot to say it yesterday when it was official, but I have lived in France for exactly one week and a day now! Thats so crazy to me. Especially to say that I live here haha. I have learned so much in my first week and I can only imagine how much more I will learn during the duration of the year!
Today both my host parents were working and Amandine had school so I was home alone. Nothing too exciting happened... I ate breakfast and then decided to go to the lake thats just a short walk from our house. It was really nice today! High 70s or Low 80s I would guess. So i just soaked up some sun and wrote in my journal while I watched people canoeing and such. I have been writing in my journal a lot. Its really nice because its one of the few ways I can fully express myself and say exactly what I am feeling and experiencing. I am very happy I brought it with me :) Anyway after the lake, Isabelle came home and we ate lunch together. We had this Spanish dish that we bought at the store a few days ago. It was a mix of rice, vegtables, shrimp, and mussels. Really yummy :) and then after, dessert of course! I had this Nestle treat that was a vanilla cream pudding with a layer of hardened chocolate on top! yumyumyum! Then the rest of my day was also low key. I watched a movie and then went on another little walk, but this time around Vaires, looking at houses and shops. Like I said nothing too exciting, but I am still grateful for everyday I get to spend in France. I know that this is a once in a lifetime experience and I appreciate everyone who helped me get to this point :)
Well, its almost dinner time, and then after dinner I think Isabelle and I are going to the cinema with her sister and, if i understood correctly, I believe the film is in english with french subtitles! haha parfait ;) Oh and some of the girls I met from school invited me to go to Paris with them tomorrow afternoon so I am really looking forward to that as well!!!!
Groses Bises!
emily
at the lake---

No comments:

Post a Comment